1.5 Follow me! / ¡Sígueme!

Vamos a fijarnos de nuevo en el diálogo entre Anne, Paul y María. Mira las palabras en negrita.

Anne: María, tell me the things you want to see!
María: I would like to see the British Museum and St Paul´s Cathedral and maybe go shopping to Harrods!
Paul: I think that is a wonderful idea, I love the British Museum and I think that Anne loves Harrods, but it is very expensive. Harrods is more expensive than many shops.
Anne: Yes, you are right, but Harrods is bigger than other shops and it is the most exclusive department store in London. 
Paul: Ok. The plan for the weekend is the British Museum, the cathedral and Harrods! We can take the underground at nine o´clock in the station opposite your flat and get to the city centre. Don´t be late on Saturday! Let´s go! Wait for me here! I will bring our coats.
María: Paul is really nice! I am very excited about visiting new places this weekend.Thank you for coming with me.
Anne: You are welcome, we will have fun, it will be great!
Paul: Here I am. (Paul brings four coats on his arm). María, this is yours! This is hers! And this is mine! And this one? Oh, this is not ours!!! I took it by mistake!!!
Anne: Oh Paul!!!! Put it back !!!

Las palabras en negrita son órdenes:

Tell me! — ¡Dime! 

Wait for me here!— ¡Esperadme aquí! 

Put it back! —- ¡Ponlo en su sitio! 

Don´t be late! —- ¡No lleguéis tarde! 

Como veis para dar una orden en inglés lo único que hay que hacer es poner el verbo que indica la orden. Ej: ¡Come! — Eat!

¡ Juega! — Play!

Si queremos dar una orden negativa simplemente ponemos “Don´t” delante del verbo. 

Ej: ¡No comas! —- Don´t eat!

¡No juegues! —- Don´t play!

Órdenes:SIMPLEMENTE SE PONE LA PALABRAEat!Drink!Si la orden es negativa se pone delante DON´T Don´t eat! Don´t drink!

¿Has visto en el diálogo la expresión “Let´s go!”? Significa “vamos” o “vámonos”.La expresión sin contraer sería “Let us go”, pero es  antigua y hoy en día nadie la utiliza así, siempre se dice con la contracción.